Joining the Chaiway Riders is easy. Just follow the next five steps that are outlined below. We do recommend, however, that you attend one of our breakfast meetings held on Sunday mornings throughout the year, i.e. Step 1.
- Attend a Sunday Meeting and Ride held each Sunday throughout the year beginning with breakfast at 8:00 am with kick stands up at 9:00 am, weather permitting. During the off season we begin at 8:30 am.
- See our RIDING ACTIVITIES page for details on the meeting location and time.
- Download an application form, print it out, and fill in the details. Bring the form with you to the meeting. The form is located on our CLUB DOCUMENTS page.
- If you are a rider, download the waiver, print it, fill it out, and bring it to the meeting. This form is located on the CLUB DOCUMENTS page.
- Bring a check made payable to the Chaiway Riders, or cash, in the amount of $36.00 per calendar year.
That’s all there is to it. After you have done the above, you will need to sign up for our Members Only event calendar, which is hosted by meetup.com, a third party system.
To do this:
- Go to http://www.meetup.com and follow the instructions for registration. This information is public, so limit what you put on the account profile page. If you are already a member of meetup.com, then you simply need to login to the site.
- Next, search for “Jewish Motorcycle Clubs” and you will find the Chaiway Riders of Chicago listed, or just enter the URL for the site http://www.meetup.com/chaiwayriders-chicago to bring up our meetup.com page.
- Apply for access. After your membership information is confirmed you will receive an email that notifies you of your ability to access the Members Only information.
The process takes only a few minutes to fill in the information and create the request. Approval is done in just a day or two.