Wayne B. is our Safety Director.
The club’s Safety Officer has the responsibility to ensure that the members are aware of safety issues, especially those involved with group riding. When riding in a group, each rider is impacted by the actions of the others, therefore safety is everyone’s responsibility. Continued unsafe behavior by a rider may result in expulsion from the ride or from the club.
On this page we will cover some of the aspects of group riding.
- Ride your own ride — Stay within your ability and your skill level will advance safely
- Know how to ride in staggered or single formation and the conditions that warrant them
- Know and use the appropriate hand and foot signals
- Have a CB radio (usually tuned to channel 27)
- Keep your motorcycle in good operating condition and well maintained
- Practice the “no rider left behind” last person rule until it becomes second nature
- Attend safety meetings and continue to take riding skills courses
- Have fun, that’s what it is all about, but not at the expense of a fellow rider