We are currently looking for a person to lead as the Safety Officer. If interested, please contact a Board Member.
The club’s Safety Officer has the responsibility to ensure that the members are aware of safety issues, especially those involved with group riding. When riding in a group, each rider is impacted by the actions of the others, therefore safety is everyone’s responsibility. Continued unsafe behavior by a rider may result in expulsion from the ride or from the club.
On this page we will cover some of the aspects of group riding.
- Ride your own ride — Stay within your ability and your skill level will advance safely
- Know how to ride in staggered or single formation and the conditions that warrant them
- Know and use the appropriate hand and foot signals
- Have a CB radio (usually tuned to channel 27)
- Keep your motorcycle in good operating condition and well maintained
- Practice the “no rider left behind” last person rule until it becomes second nature
- Attend safety meetings and continue to take riding skills courses
- Have fun, that’s what it is all about, but not at the expense of a fellow rider